Sunday, April 17, 2011

Look at the Easter Bunny!


Family Circus cartoon, from 1982. "Look At The Easter Bunny" song @ 1:00 
I remember walking 13th ave as a child in Brooklyn with my grandma. She would always get me and my sisters whatever we wanted, but Easter was particularly special time. It seemed like the avenue was filled with an endless supply of Easter treats! From the drug store to the pork store, we would pick up all kinds of treats that could only be found during this time of year. Below are a few of my favorites.
Something very special about these colorful plastic eggs in a net.


An egg, a little vinegar and dye tablet, Magic in a box for 99cents!


Pizza Rustica from the Pork Store..YUMMY!
Russel Stover Creme Center Eggs

The drug store Easter Basket

My favorite Easter treat of them all! The Cadbury Creme Egg.






3 comments:

  1. Cadbury egg was always better refrigerated. I don't know if I could eat one now.. they are very sweet. Family Circus! I remember that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cadbury Eggs all time favorite for me. I bet your favorite Easter treat is Stufoli?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make my own Pizza Rustica !!! YUM

    ReplyDelete