Saturday, April 30, 2011

C'mon everybody! get your Roller Skates today....

 Starry & BB got their Roller Skates...
You just don't see kids roller skating anymore. When I was a kid, I would roller skate with one skate, sharing another with a friend. I have never been an athletic gal, so one skate did me just fine. Navigating from one end to the other end of the block without hitting any cracks in the cement was a challenge. I recall visiting the local skating rink, I must have been 7 or 8. I went a few times in Brooklyn, and a few more while visiting family in Massena, NY. It was such a free feeling, gliding by while Madonna, Hall & Oates, Rick Springfield, and Joan Jett would blare out of  the DJ booth. 
You can rent skates, or bring your own like Starry did. 
Starr had a wonderful time today at United Skates, in Seaford. A friend from school had a birthday party. It was a lot of fun. My sister, Lisa even decided to take a ride around the rink. This place is great to take the kids on a rainy day. A pleasant change from video games and the internet. For less than 10 bucks you can skate for two hours. The rink is not over crowded. The kids skate in one direction, and the staff regulates to insure safety. I recommend United Skates for a fun day for the kids, and adults alike

                                                             
Classic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment