Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Just Can't Get Enough!

Ask for Organic Skim Milk to make this Green Tea Frap a healthy choice!
One of my favorite things in the whole wide world is contained in this plastic Starbucks cup. Green Tea Frappucinos. I am not a coffee drinker, I actually think coffee is gross, but that's another blog topic...lol  Green Tea is such a delicious flavor. I described it as a little vanilla, plum and cherry flavors. I recall when Starbucks would carry melon flavored syrup. That stuff was the perfect touch to a slushy, whippy creamy Green Tea Frappucino. I always order it without the whip cream topping, I like to taste the Green Tea straight up. People often wonder what makes this drink so green? It's something called Green Tea Matcha Powder.
Green Tea Matcha Powder
Matcha is premium green tea powder from Japan used for drinking as tea or as an ingredient in recipes.  While other green teas are grown throughout the world, matcha is unique to Japan.  It is the heart of the Japanese way of tea and has been celebrated in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony for hundreds of years. I purchase mine online at Gayot. You can also find Matcha powder at The Asian Market located on Portion rd in Ronkonkoma. Matcha can also be used to flavor ice cream, cupcakes, and puddings. I also use it when making Bubble Tea.
Starbucks also makes a very refreshing Iced Green Tea. Next time you are in the mood for something unique and sweet..try a Starbucks Green Tea Frap!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I think I'm gonna try this....I never go to Starbucks, because I never know how and what to order. This looks so good...def gonna try it !!! Thanks D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never went in there because I hate coffee. There was a point when I had to put the "crack" down and walk away. Everything in moderation, and asking for organic skim milk makes this less of a guilty pleasure. Try the Iced Green and Passion Iced Tea. Thanks for stopping by JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete